Back in the day when I started to play out as a DJ many records relied on the brass stab intro to Brass Construction's Movin' and it became as sampled as James Brown or George Clinton.
On Friday I did a different kind of move: moving house. The process has been a trial (and if anybody knows where I can get cheap Dexion(TM) racking in the UK email me: renaissancechambara at macdotcom.
A couple of tips:
- Big Yellow Storage sell box packages that are ideal. Invest in a proper packaging tape gun, I got mine from Rymans
- Plot your route with The AA Route Planner and do a dry run in a car before the move, I still can't believe this service is free
- Rent a large Luton Box van or equivalent, I found Thrifty van hire really good, however their coverage in the UK is not universal
Carroll's Laws of Moving
- There is no such thing as too many boxes
- If at half way through packing you think you will have plenty of space in the van, in reality you will just scrape by
- Make sure that you bring more cleaning stuffs than you could possibly use, because you will still use them
- As above for bin bags