- Seating - try and control it. Where a table is straight try not to sit directly opposite
- Listening well - Keep control with eye contact, use of the person’s name and jargon-free speech.
- Attention breakdowns - repeat important points and USPs to your audience
- Personality types - identify them as best you can and adapt and mirror
- Body language gestures - don’t ignore resistance - take action. For instance, if an arm-fold looks negative then perhaps pass the person something to read, and then try to ascertain the cause
Seen on telephone junction box
I noticed an fly poster on a telephone junction box near Mile End tube station for a recruitment firm looking for secretarial staff that works in the media sector. The headline of the copy was "Tell them where they can stick their advertising"