Friday, July 09, 2004

Jargon Watch

Found these two on the UKpress.org email list:

Tanorexic - people who use tanning salons excessively. Tanorexics are said to have the same kind of compulsion based around self image as people with eating disorders

Speedophiles - people who break the speed limit, made up by the pro speed camera lobby in the UK. The careful choice of wording designed to make speeding as socially unacceptable as drunk driving or child abuse.

From one of my clients:

Barney Release - a partnership press release involving a larger/more respected/bigger brand (usually technology companies) named after the signature song of the big purple dinosaur I love you You love me We're a happy family With a great big hug And a kiss from me to you Won't you say you love me too? I love you You love me We're best friends Like friends should be With a great big hug And a kiss from me to you Won't you say you love me too? (Lyrics by Lee Bernstein [BMI])