Monday, June 14, 2004

Wrote for Luck

"I wrote for luck... they sent me you" or more accurately promoters Get Loaded (named after the seminal baggy anthem Primal Scream track Loaded)sent me an email outlining a day of mayhem and madness for Northern acid house casualties like me on Clapham Common.

The line up includes the usual kind of pretentious guitar bands that appear on Xfm, The Happy Mondays, Domino Bones (Bez's new band) and Hacienda DJ's Graeme Park and Mike Pickering (though no Dave Haslam, 808 State or Nipper).

I have heard that the Happy Mondays can now play, which will make a pleasant change from when I saw them at Liverpool Poly student union in 1990. I was there and they were a mess, but fun all the same. The support band Northside were far better, but never got remixed by Paul Oakenfold who was the kingmaker of the music industry at the time.

I'm there for the back to '89 Hac revelry

Not much details here

Sunday August 22, 2004 12h00 - 22h00.