Saturday, June 12, 2004

Needle on the Wax

Over the past few weeks I have ignored shopping for new vinyl as I have managed my house move. To correct this I have a few recommendations available from Flying Records at the moment:

- Chez Damier - Spiritual Warefare v.1 Trackmode competent well produced mellow house with mellow R&B lyrics, good but no cigar

- Double U - Secret Love Sonar Kollectiv - great deep track with Moni Love type sassy New York vocal samples over a tribal beat that would have felt right at home in the Sound Factory

- J Roc & Steinski - Ain't no thing / Say ho Stones Throw - not a new track but an excellent re-release. Cut-and-paste production pioneer Steinski complemented with old school block party lyrics. No Bentleys, no Lex coupés, no bling, just dope lyrics and amazing production


I slaved away in the listening booth so that you didn't have to!