Friday, September 17, 2004

Belle Adjourned
Belle de Jour, allegedly the diary of a London call girl signed off with an entry on Wednesday. Belle de Jour was the second most read electronic periodical in Londonmeejaland (second only to Popbitch). Belle's sign off can be found here.

mercredi 15 septembre
Sundown is the start of Rosh Hashanah. I'm afraid, darlings, the time has come for me to go.When this blog started it was with no expectations. I've never lived my life to a plan aside from enjoying myself and have (for the most part) enjoyed doing this.All things pass. For instance: Harts the Grocer, I am saddened to note, are now Tesco Metro. But that is the way of things. I'll miss this. The time will never be right to finish the diary - so I am ending it now.Doors have opened and I'd like to see where they go. Other doors close, but as my mother said when I was 10 and tennis conflicted with piano on Thursday afternoons, you can't do everything you want to do. So my plans to be elected to Parliament, win a Nobel Prize and make the finals at Wimbledon are on the back burner for now. As book and telly projects progress, I'll come back to link - and I will let you know if the site is going to be moved.Thank you to everyone who supported me. Thank you to the critics as well. I wish you all a sweet new year.If I could add one thing, it would be this - don't ever turn down pleasure because you were afraid of what other people might say