Saturday, July 10, 2004

Back to the Funk

Over the past number of days the posts have erred on the serious side. Every revolution needs its break, even the participants of The Long March took a chill pill once in a while. In this vein I wanted to point out Scottish record label Redhook Recordings. I first heard of them when Parisonic licenced and remixed Brothers and Sisters by the Butch Cassidy Sound System - their remixes (think Phish or the Dead playing dub reggae with a house tempo was on of my records of last summer along with DJ Spinna feat. Rich Medina - Reality and the Street Choir house bootlegs of Robert Cray's Phone Booth). Anyway you can pick up the original version of Brothers and Sisters here together with Second Crusade - What I had to do (a latin orientated feel good house track if ever I heard one)